Home' Snap Shot Magazine : February 2012 Contents snapshot magazine snapshot.realviewtechnologies.com february 2012 | 27
Prepare for sale
Are you looking to sell your home? But are your
struggling to attract interest in your property?
Perhaps it is time look at how you are presenting
your property to prospective buyers.
There is much more to selling a house than
simply enlisting an agent or putting a For Sale sign
in your front yard.
However, achieving a more marketable property
does not have to be costly or hard work. It can be as
simple as de-cluttering or tidying the garden.
The first thing to remember about selling a home is
that first impressions are crucial - the property is no
longer your home, but a commodity that others must
Here are a few tips that could help you attract
greater interest from prospective buyers.
• Do a complete spring clean, buy some storage boxes
and get rid of all clutter.
• Scrub walls, skirting boards, floors, tiles, windows,
light switches and fixtures.
• Give the walls a fresh coat of paint, particularly if this
hasn't been done for some time. Choose light and
neutral colours that have wide appeal.
• Repair any leaking taps or broken appliances that
you wish to include in the sale.
• Check that all fittings and fixtures are in good
• Check that doors, windows, awnings and blinds
open and shut properly.
• Make sure the kitchen, bathroom and laundry areas are
spotlessly clean and there are no chipped or broken tiles.
• Use your best linen on the beds and best towels in
• Replace outdated light fixtures.
• Have carpets, lounges and curtains professionally cleaned.
• Wash down the external walls and clear
out the gutters.
• Sweep the driveway
• Keep lawns cut and reseed
any bare patches.
• Trim back trees, especially
if they are blocking
light into the house.
• Weed the garden,
add some mulch to
garden beds and put some
colourful pot plants in clusters around the yard.
• Keep garden furniture clean and tidy.
• Clean the windows and entrance doors.
• Tidy up the garage and garden shed.
• Repair the fence if necessary.
• Keep bins out of sight.
• Keep water features, pools and ponds clean.
WORDS JACKIE MEYERS
For your free design consultation,
call us today on
Factory & Showroom:
12 Graham Hill Road Narellan
provincial and modern polyurethane kitchens
Specialising in hand painted French
Custom designed and built kitchens handcrafted to ensure you get the finest
Links Archive December 2011 March 2012 Navigation Previous Page Next Page