Home' Snap Shot Magazine : February 2010 Contents 20 snapshot magazine : snapshot.realviewtechnologies.com : februar y 2010
Snapsin time | Weddings
1.Selby Lancelot (known as Lance)
Dawson married Val Priestley at St
John's Moss Vale in May, 1935. The
wedding party included Jim McAndrew
as best man.
2. The home of the Diggins family at
East Kangaloon is the backdrop for this
family photo at the marriage of Bob
Hamilton and Mary Diggins in 1882.
3. The marriage of Laura Lambert to
John Parke in Berrima in 1888. Laura was
the daughter of Dr George Lambert, the
doctor in Berrima, who is seated in the
front row, second from the left.
4. Marriage was not just for the young.
Matilda Arm eld aged 63 married
George McAnally aged 73 in 1912. The
happy couple are pictured here on their
5. William Whitlock married Gladys
Tomley of Moss Vale in 1913. The Tomley
family ran the well known team rooms
in Moss Vale in the shop now known as
New Bernie's Café.
197 Old Hume Highway, Mittagong • Ph: 4871 1355 • www.highlandsmarketplace.com.au
HIGHLANDS MARKETPLACE ...where local history greets the locals
Visit the Fitz Roy Iron Works historical site,
established in 1848 and now an integral feature
of Highlands Marketplace. Located at the
eastern end of the underground car park
at Highlands Marketplace.
• Fashion, Footwear, Jewellery and Accessories • Hair and Beauty
• Shoe Repairs, Key Cutting and Hand Carwash
• Optical and Phar macy • Electrical and Communications
• Banks and Finance • Travel Agent and Newsagency
• Fresh Food, Cafes and Food Court
• Over 700 u ndercover car parking spaces
Winner 2009 Heritage Awards
"Conservation over $250,000" category.
PLUS 34 SPECIALITY STORES
To honour Valentine's Day, we take a look back
at weddings from the past, celebrating love
and romance in a tried and tr ue tradition.
Links Archive December 2009 March 2010 Navigation Previous Page Next Page